3,000,000+ registered accounts|
Sign up for the OpenMain2 or MemFast2 tournament
Since IYT is turn-based, you can spread your games out over
days, weeks, or months.
Games available: Currently, we offer Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Battleship,
Stack4 (our variation of Connect4), Reversi, Jamble (a word game), Boatzee (a dice game) and variations on those games.
More games are on the way.
Since this isn't real-time, what do I do while I'm waiting for my turn?
Answer: live your life.
Start some games,
spend 5, 10, 15 minutes once or twice a day with your games, then live your life the rest of the day.
You're busy, you don't have time to block out an hour to play a good game of chess,
or rush through a whole game in 5 minutes. We make it easy to keep track of 5 or 10 games, and some
members are playing up to 200 games at a time.
Choose one: your friends, or random strangers?:
No doubt about it, real-time games are
fun. But sometimes you want to play games with people you already know,
and you can't always be online at the same time as your friends. Turn-based games let
you make moves when it's convenient for both of you. It's like phone tag, only more fun.
Our 'invite a friend' feature lets you create games with the registered players
that you want to hang out with. Or, you can 'tell a friend' who isn't registered on the site yet.
Of course, you can still play with 'new' friends
from the Waiting Room.
Better safe than sorry: You could play turn-based games over
email, but that means giving out your email address. On the other
hand, your email address does NOT appear anywhere on this site,
allowing you to play games and converse with others without worry.
Why not tell a far-away family member or a friend at work or in class about ItsYourTurn.com,
and start your own mini-tournament? Remember, you both don't have to
be logged on at the same time, and you can invite them to a game once
they've signed on. Even if they're not avid game players, it's nice
to spend a little time online together every day, even if you're
both very busy.
We've made it easier for you to do this with our 'Tell A Friend' feature.
ItsYourTurn.com is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family!
- No Java, no Shockwave, no Flash,
Works great with WebTV.
- Preview iPhone version available at http://itsyourturn.com/iphone
- Low graphics for fast page loads.
- Play with who YOU want, not with whoever is in the lobby at the time
(using our 'Invite a user' feature).
- Post a chatty message to your opponent with your move.
- You can review any past board positions, all the way back to the first move.
- Games are stored on the server for 3-4 years, so you can review
past games after they are completed. (In addition, chess games can be downloaded
in PGN format, which is supported by most chess software programs,
allowing you to replay your chess games offline).
- No time limit. Take a year to finish a game if you wish.
- Your email address is never shown on the site. Make new online
friends securely and safely.
- Send private messages to any one of our thousands of users.
- Ladders allow you to see how you rank with other players on the site. Start
at the bottom, and move your way up!
- Tournaments are a great way to meet and play with serious gamers
like yourself. Tournaments start every Tuesday morning (signups close Monday night).
Here are some tips to get you started:
- First, create a userid.
- Use our automatch feature to create 1-5 games, and let us find an opponent for you.
Then check back in a few hours to see if there are moves waiting for you.
- Or, check the waiting room to see if anyone is waiting for an opponent
- Or, invite a friend to play a game. They will receive a private message
telling them that you're interested in playing a game. They have the option to
accept or decline your invitation.
- Or, if you prefer, put yourself on the waiting list. (Remember to make your
first move at the time you create the game.)
- Click on 'My Game Status' to show the up-to-date status
of all your games.
- All your available options will be listed along the left side of the screen.
- For more detailed explanations, visit the Help Section
- Player Login
- Start new game
- Waiting Room
- Send message
- Tell a friend!
- Tournament area
- Who is here?
- Search user profiles
Edit user profile
- Change password
- Edit ratings
New Game Releases
Create new userid
- Features and tips
Questions or comments? Please Contact Us
©1998-2011 It's Your Turn, Inc. All rights reserved.